Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Madeleines Cookie Recipe

Bonjour!!!
Yes, this is the proper way to start this blog-post as today I'm going to share with you one of my signature recipes.... the Madeleines Cookies, those delicious French little pastries, or soft cookies; I love them so much and they are a big success every time I have guests.
I made them this morning and I took pictures to give you a step-by-step photo-recipe. Are you ready?

Here it is!


Recipe for 12 cookies

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 EGGS
  • 2 tbsp SUGAR
  • 2 tbsp POWDER SUGAR
  • 1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
  • 1 tsp ALMOND EXTRACT
  • 1/4 cup SELF-RAISING FLOUR
  • 1/4 cup regular FLOUR
  • 6 tbsp BUTTER
  • 1 tbsp HOT WATER
  • extra powder sugar for dusting


 
Mix eggs, both sugars and extracts until smooth.

 
Add both flours, sifted together, and keep mixing.

 Melt the butter and slowly add it to the batter, also the water.

 
Pour the batter into a Madeleines` pan. After having carefully buttered and floured it.

 
Cook in preheated oven at 400 F degrees for 10 minutes.



You will see that a little dome will form on top of the cookie...that's a perfect result! They are so good with a cup of tea or coffee. The only indispensable tool is the Madeleines' pan, if you don't have one you can find it here:



Let me know how they come out!!!

xoxo,


This recipe is my own and as an amazon affiliate, I will receive a small commission if you click and buy from my links. Thank you!

2 comments:

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!