Monday, March 23, 2015

Who needs Books?


Hi everyone!! my post of today is about.......Books. 
I grew up surrounded by books. Wherever I lived with my family there was always an immense amount of books beautifully displayed in antique bookcases, or closed in big armoires for lack of space. My grandfather had a passion for books, as well as my father. Even if I've never been very fond of studying and reading, I have read many novels and have studied many books to be able to graduate from University. After many years I find myself still surrounded by books, this time because of my husband.. who, unlike me, loves reading.. his nightstand is basically a tower of books.

It's sad to see how nowadays, because of technology (i-pads, smart-phones, tablets..) books are becoming less and less used. That's why I'm happy to see there are some websites who are in favor of books and find a way to promote them, like for example www.campusbookrentals.com. It's a service for students, they can rent any school book for the amount of time they need it to study. The renters are allowed to highlight any text book. The prices are cheap... you can save 40-90% off of bookstore prices! And they ship for FREE both ways.... Doesn't it sound great? 
You can find more detailed information on this video. Check it out!



One of the things I like the most is that with every book rented, part of the money is donated to a Charity Organization called Operation Smile , through which they collect funds to help children born with a cleft lip. So... not only you save money in books you need for your studies, but you also help a child to be able to have a beautiful smile.


I wish I had the opportunity to use this service while I was still in college...  this is why I share it with all of you! Spread the word!!!

xoxo,




No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!