Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Candle

Easter is veeeery near!!! I have to say that, as much as I love eggs decorating and all kinds of cute crafts, I don't think I will have the time to do any of that {it doesn't mean I won't enjoy looking at pictures and DIYs in my favorite blogs!}. I've been very busy decorating the Easter Candle for one of the parishes here in town. It was a big job!!! I'm happy with the results... especially because I've never really studied Art or taken any class of drawing and painting. My 2 sisters are both great artists, I had them as examples all my life.
I used acrylic paint, and of course copied the image from a beautiful already existing icon. The hardest part for me to paint is the face of Christ... it took me a while... I just hope that the priest who asked me to do it is happy... because he will have to look at it all year until next Easter!!!  
I want to share with you some pictures... :)


me at work..... so concentrated!

the whole picture

Christ, detail..

Have a wonderful day!!!
xoxo,



No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ ~Thank you for stopping by~ ♥ I love your comments!